UTAR Blood Donation - My First Time

Posted by SoRa | Posted in | Posted on 2:08 AM





It was one of the events of the year which marks a stepping stone for me. Since young, I was afraid of needles, [needle phobia?] whatever the name is, it always makes my heart pumps as fast, my hands sweating or cold, every time when I need to take an injection, need more to say donate blood?  Had a bad experience in the past with needles where one which is engraved in my memory, being stabbed in the ass by a mad doctor..inject the medicine to my ass in like less then 3 seconds? My GOD!! I can't sit after that..

Anyways, today was the first time I went to donate blood at my campus, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR - PJ), where nurses from Universiti Malaya (UM) came I think? As the blood record book has UM's logo on it. Here its how the things happened, which I have no idea why in the world I would donate blood today. It started with CHEESE, he said "Wanna donate blood today?" Then after that, a few more of my friends talk bout it till STEVEN, "Today will also be my first time". At first I wasn't really sure whether I want to donate or not but then~ Something in me, just keep telling me~ GO AHEAD AND DO IT!!

I guess the event was organized by the LIONS CLUB PJ, as they were giving the gifts bags. Anyways, I was weighed, to my surprise I'M now just 65kg!!! I've LOST weight!!  Anyways, today was the first time, I donated blood, first time I let someone puncture a hole with a needle in my finger, and being drained 450cc of blood out of my BODY!!  YeaH it's no big deal for anyone but !! It is for mE!! AnD to my supprise~ most of the donors are female student ~ ~ GUYS we need your blood too!! xD



Comments (0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share